Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Error when using Firmware Management to download firmware to SAN switch

I get the following error when trying to downlad firmware to switch 'The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid.  Please make sure the server name/IP address and the firmware path are valid, the protocol and authentication are supported.  It is also possible that the RSA host key could hae been changed and please contract the System Administrator for adding the correct host key.'  I believe its the RSA problem.  Not sure how to correct, running Network Advisor 14.2.1 on a windows machine.

Brocade Moderator

Re: Error when using Firmware Management to download firmware to SAN switch

Hi gmwolf,

To summarize - you are trying to update firmware on a switch using the Firmware Management in BNA 14.2.1 under windows.

From which version of FOS are you updating? 

And are you using / configured scp/sftp or ftp for the firmwaredownload?

If it is RSA host key have changed on your BNA server you can clear the SSH (SCP/SFTP) server IP address or hostname from the known_hosts table of the device:

sw0:FID128:admin> sshutil delknownhost

IP Address/Hostname to be deleted: SSH_server_IP_address

where SSH_server_IP_address is the IP address of the SSH server you want to delete.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

I'm using SCP and trying to go from either 7.2.0d to 7.3.2b or from 7.3.2b to 7.4.1d.  I issued sshutil on 1 of the systems, still getting the same result. 

On 1 of the directors I loaded the coded directly to the switch to migrate from 7.2.0d to 7.3.2b.  Then tried from Network Advisor to load 7.4.1d.  Everything is getting the same error.  Verified twice that the proper password is set for SCP.  Wondering if there is something on windows that is preventing the connection?

Brocade Moderator

Hi gmwolf,

try to run a configuration upload from the switch to your bna server using scp, e.g.

admin $ configupload -all -p scp <ip of bna server>,admin, .

to verify that you are able to access the bna server via scp from the switch. 

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook