Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Error duruing FOS upgrade

When upgrading a   Brocade 16Gb/16 SAN Switch for BladeSystem c-Class  from v7.4.1.c to v7.4.1.e

Error in retriving the chassis info.

fabsys device open: No such device or address

Is this related to a bad partition ?

I have seen this a lot lately especially on 16Gb Blade enclosure switches

Brocade Moderator

Re: Error duruing FOS upgrade

HI Thomas ,

It seems to be an issue with the primary partition.
The best is to contact your OEM/TAC for try to recovery by executing a boot to the second partition and then to do a firmwaredownload to recover original partition.

Regards

Jerome

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided
solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If
you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through
Brocade, or through  your OEM equipment provider.

Brocade Moderator

Re: Error duruing FOS upgrade

Hi Thomas,

there is a few case for this recently. Suspect bad partition (failed firmwaredownload). Option would be firmwarecleaninstall (also a little risky) or as Jerome mention boot from the secondary partition. Are you able to share the bootlog (console) or a supportsave from one or two of these devices?  It should really go via OEM, but we can always take a peek on the data.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook