Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Email alerts in Fabric Watch

I'm trying to configure e-mail alerts in Fabric Watch but I'm not having much luck.Select an item: (1..4) 1 : (1..6) 1 : (1..12) 1

External Moderator

Re: Email alerts in Fabric Watch

Select an item: (1..4) 1Select an item => : (1..6) 1Please inform.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I tried 194.25.2.129 and a DNS server closer to home, 139.130.4.4, but neither one worked - I still didn't get the test e-mail.This tells me that hosts inside the firewall are not allowed to do DNS lookups to external hosts. As the switch is inside the firewall, then using an external DNS server will not work. Any other ideas?

External Moderator

gambit,<!graemlin::confused:>i test here you local DNS 139.130.4.4, and this as work !

TechHelp24
External Moderator

gambit,Any other idea, has firewall the operation mode to allow / permit to add DNS ? Or the IP Addresse there switch ?

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Gambit,We had a Brocade technician over some time, and I think he told us that this whole feature will change again, as many companies are having problems with it.

Occasional Contributor

Summary: The problem was caused by an invalid MX record in our DNS server.Secondly, there should have been a log that recorded the failed attempts to send e-mails. I looked everywhere but I didn’t find one. Had this log been available we would have been able to resolve this issue a lot quicker.

External Moderator

Hi gambit,But Fine that the Proble is resolved.

TechHelp24
Contributor

The root cause is that the Fabric OS does not allow for a complete sendmail configuration. The smart_relay is an important sendmail option and there is no provided interface to set it. .../Ed

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.