Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

EZswitchsetup issues

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and I'm having issues with an old brocade 5000 I recently purchased (second-hand).

I can't install ezswitchsetup 6.2.  It gets stuck at "Installing... Uninstall_EZSwitchSetup".   Compatibility settings don't help and on linux it fails with "libc.so.6 cannot open shared object file" errors. v7 of the software does not discover the switch (nor does v8), what can I do to resolve this minor annoyance?

OS' used:

Windows 10 and Fedora 26 (x64) 

Thanks and kind regards

Occasional Contributor

Re: EZswitchsetup issues

[ Edited ]

for some extra info:

When switching over to the default subnet (255.0.0.0), when I ping the default IP (10.77.77.77) I get request timed out. So does navigating to it in the browser (time out)

So what could be the issue here?

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

under linux you might need 32 bit library to it to work (you are on a 64 version). This is a 32 bit application.  For the setup, I would use 10.77.77.77 with the subnet 255.255.255.0.  You can always connect via the serial cable to the console to switch (9600 baud, no flow, 8, N, 1 stop bit). Which version of Java are using? Last version for the 5000 is 6.4 (FOS and ezswitchup).

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

I tried the 32bit libs and then started getting java errors.  I might need an older version of java for that.

Serial cable... will  a cisco serial cable work?  I didn't get a serial cable with the switch, unfortunately. If it works, I will need to find a device that has a rs-232/serial port... too bad modern day tech does not cover that anymore.

should I use 10.77.77.77 as my IP address? or is that the default IP for the device?

External Moderator

@SiZiGee

--->>>I'm new to the forum and I'm having issues with an old brocade 5000 I recently purchased (second-hand).

those switches since are used, at 99,999% is the IP not set as default 10.77.77.77

as the word say EZswitchsetup, the software can discovery setup the switch when the IP is set to default, which for sure is not.

at this point you need to connect trough the serial port as admin and check the IP address

"ipaddrshow"

TechHelp24
Brocade Moderator

Hi,

as Antonio said - if it brand new or correctly reset, the 5000 would use 10.77.77.77 / 255.255.255.0 but since this a second hand, we cannot be sure.  The serial port’s parameters are fixed at 9600 baud, 8 data bits, and no parity, with flow control set to None.

The pinout of the cable (RJ45) is as follows

1 Not supported NA
2 Not supported NA
3 UART1_TXD Transmit data
4 GND Logic ground
5 GND Logic ground
6 UART1_RXD Receive data
7 Not supported NA
8 Not supported NA

As luck has it, I have 5000 standby beside and I do a test rum of EZswitchsetup 6.2

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocade Moderator

Hi,

the Ezswitchsetup 6.2 hangs on my Windows 10, and I give up on that.

I managed to get the installation started on my Centos 7.3 machine by hacking the installation script:

$ chmod 755 * .

$ sed -e "s/linux_LD_ASSUME_KERNEL_hack=1/linux_LD_ASSUME_KERNEL_hack=0/" < install.bin >install.bin.hx

$ chmod 755 ./install.bin.hx

$ ./install.bin.hx

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I realised my pfsense box has a serial port and used that.

Yeah, the device has not been reset, so the password is unknown.  I spoke the the guy I bought it from and they will find out if he can get the password.

Occasional Contributor

Ok,  I got a replacement switch, which I can log into via the console cable.

however, the EZswitchsetup still does not detect the switch and I did set an IP address in my subnet and network.

Also if I go to my switches IP address in my browser (with java exception added) and nothing... times out

anything I am missing?

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

from the server / desktop which you run ezswitchup, can you use ssh to get into your switch - to verify login information and ip reachability? For the java error, can you please share a little information kind of error you are getting, please?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook