Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

EFCM Enterprise

If I have two SAN sites with multiple switches at each site, will I need a copy of EFCM enterprise edition running at both sites -- or can I manage both sites from one instance of the software with the latest version? Thanks

External Moderator

Re: EFCM Enterprise

Hi,

Is possible if you have a direct WAN/LAN connection to the Remote SAN, you not need a Installation on both site.

But this make only sense by a Small Frabric.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24
Contributor

Thanks very much. I have a very small SAN - two 4100's at the remote site. Do you know if there would a charge for a second/remote site for the EFCM license?

External Moderator

--->>> Do you know if there would a charge for a second/remote site for the EFCM license?

I understand you question, you will Buy only One License for a Single Server Installation, and administering the Remote Site trough WAN.

Is Correct ? In this case is not necessary to Buy a Second License of EFCM.

BTW, in the past Brocade offer 2 Type of License Standard and Enterprice, i am not sure if the Standard License longer available, if yes in you case whit a Small Fabric make sense to Buy a Standard License.

TechHelp24
Contributor

Thanks again -- have a great day!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook