Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Does the virtual IP failover to standby CP on DCX?

Hi All

We are in the process of commissioning two DCX-4Ss in our environment. Three IP addresses are required to configure the management interface on the DCXs. One each for the Active and Standby CPs and one virtual IP for the switch. If we do an hafailover from the active CP, the virtual IP fails over to the standby CP and switches the standby CP as active. This is all good, but if we physically disconnect the cable from the active CP, neither the  active CP or the virtual IP fails over to standby CP. Is this an expected behaviour? Does the IP address failover only when an hafailover occurs not when the network connectivity to the active CP is disrupted?

I could not find any documents relating to the expected behaviour. Any help/documents would be of great help

Super Contributor

Re: Does the virtual IP failover to standby CP on DCX?

--->>> Does the IP address failover only when an hafailover occurs not when the network connectivity to the active CP is disrupted?

A "IP address failover..." feature is not available here, failover and HA, are feature beetwen the Both CP, when the Active is Fail, Standby become Active.

Disconnect of phisical cable from Active/Standby CP don't have any kind of impact by Failover with the Chassis IP.

CP IP and Chassis IP work internally beetwen the Director and not trough the Local Area Network.

However, whitout or with Disconnect management Cable you are no able to Manage the Switch,

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thank you.

New Contributor

Hi ABBA-SYSTEMS

First of all thank you for a superfast reply!.

I appreciate the answers. For my reference, do you know if this is documented anywhere? I could not find any information about the expected behaviour.

Thanks a lot

Super Contributor

Fabric OS Adrimistartor Guide, and Command Reference Manuals.

Other Valuable DOC, go to

http://learning.brocade.com

some Course are for Free.

DCX and DCX-4S Course is for Free available.

New Contributor

Thank you for the links

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook