Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Detected termination of process 0.weblinker.fcg:7235

Hello,

I sometimes get some errors from one of my seed switch, a DS-5100B, saying that:

"detected termination of process 0.weblinker.fcg:xxxx"

Allways this message is followed by:

"Seed switch reachable.

switch reachable. It had gone unreachable at xx/xx/xx ..."

This happens only on one fabric from a dual-fabric configuration. On the other fabric an identical switch is the seed switch but I get no such messages from it.

Do you know something about this issus?

regards,

Mugur

External Moderator

Re: Detected termination of process 0.weblinker.fcg:7235

In FOS 6.4.2b and early, are some weblinker DEFECT Closed.

what of FOS release is in 5100 loaded ?

TechHelp24
Regular Contributor

Hi,

Many of these weblinker problems have been improved in later firmwares.

Supposedly this service could also get problems by an older version of DCFM or other softwares accessing the web interface (network scanners etc).

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

The FOS is 6.4.1a. The strange thing is that in our dual-fabric SAN configuration I have 2 identical switches (each on a separate fabric): one that gives that error messages and another that isn't giving me any errors (or at least the same kind of errors).

Thank you,

Mugur

Occasional Contributor

I have the exact same setup and would love if support could  provide a solution. 

FOS 6.4.1a on throughout most of the SAN (dual fabrics) with one switch reporting issues and the other not.

Super Contributor

Mugur & oliverq... it was my understanding this particular weblinker issue was closed as FOS 6.4.x (just as TechHelp24 shared on May 13th).  If you need support's input in this matter you will need to open a support ticket with them.  Unfortunately, there are too many variables regarding this matter being addressed on a forum.  So the best advice I can provide is contact them directly.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Frequent Contributor

When I search my defect database there are 32 defects which relate to a problem with the weblinker process. The majority have been fixed in later FOS codes. Even FOS 7.1 shows some fixes.

The main cause has always been memory leaks or a polling frequency that has been set too high. BNA and other applications/script constantly polling for info will bite back at some point in time. This also became a problem with some SFP's which were quite susceptible to polling and could even cause a laser to bounce.

Anyway, maintain FOS code to the latest supported from your OEM and keep the number of applications plus the frequency of polling to a minimum. Your problem will be resolved.

Cheers,

Erwin

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook