Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

(Dell) Brocade M5424 FOS 7.x Firmware Upgrade -> where?

Hi,

we bought the M5424 togehter with Dell Bladecenters and I wonder where we can get a firmware update from 6.4.2 to 7.x? I had no chance at the Dell Website nor was a Dell Support Agent able to help me.

Any ideas where to get?

Thanks!
Tom

External Moderator

Re: (Dell) Brocade M5424 FOS 7.x Firmware Upgrade -> where?

DELL as OEM is obbligated to assist you with FOS Download, excepted the Blade is Out of Warranty.

Go to

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/555/TroubleShooting/ProductSelector

insert Service Tag, and you shoul dbe able to Download the FOS Package.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

update: when I use the service tag from the Brocade switch (not the Blade Center), I am forwarded to the following page:

Drivers and Downloads for AX150 Fibre Channel Arrays

No downloads are available for the AX150 Fibre Channel Arrays 

To find downloads for a different product, please change your  product selection.  

Whats that?! :-)

Update2: It seems somehow fairly impossible to get support for the Brocade Switch sold by Dell together with the Blade Center, even for a firmware update. I am a little lost so what can I do?

Tom

External Moderator

You should discuss such things with DELL Support or open a disput trough you DELL Country representative.

Again if the Blade and the Server are in Warranty and Under Maintenance Contract, DELL is obbligated to assist you.

--->>>Any more hints please?

Sure!

Switch in the future to another Vendor, e.g. IBM and you have Guaranted no Problem.

Many greeting at DELL Support!

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

You like to tease me, right ;-)

External Moderator

Tom,

-->> You like to tease me,

NO! is not my intention, but i know similarly case from other Dell Customer, and is the same story.

to make a long story short, search here in the community, you should find enough Thread with Download Link.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.