Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

DS300B and Old WWN

Hello,

Has anyone here had issues with their DS300B "holding" on to an old WWNN?  I recently had to reload our EMC VNX5300 and it changed the WWNN on the SAN side.  The DS300B can see the connection but will not pick up on the new WWNN.  I have tried to unplug/plug the connection and switch to a different port all together with no luck, I also unplugged the connections and deleted the alias's but they seem to come back.  Can this be done on the CLI side?   I'm new to this and scared to really try anything else.

Thank you,

Justan

Valued Contributor

Re: DS300B and Old WWN

Just out of curiousty, how do you know the wwpn on your VNX has changed?

You can also try portdisable {port} ; portenable {port}

You could also look up if the old wwpn is still present in the fabric?

nodefind will help you locate presence in the fabric.

If your fabric only consist of one switch you can look at the value after "port index" to know which port is has.

If you have multiple switches the value under PID will show the location in a six digit HEX.

The first two digits show the switch did, 0a is domain 10

The middle two digits show the area id

The last two digits show the portindex.

Then look up whether or not that port is indeed connected to the portindex and match that with what you expect.

New Contributor

Re: DS300B and Old WWN

Dion,

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to get our UCS zoned.  I did a little research and the WWPN is the same, I was mixed up because of the change in Unisphere code.  They loaded 32 on and this changes the initator/connectivity status locations.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook