Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

DCX porterr & Dur(H:M)

Hi,

My DCX has some porterr,the log is as this:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

frames      enc    crc    crc    too    too    bad    enc   disc   link   loss   loss   frjt   fbsy

tx     rx      in    err    g_eof  shrt   long   eof     out   c3    fail    sync   sig

========================================================================================================= 

17:    5.4m   2.4m  30     26     26      0      0      0      6.7m   0      0      0      0      0      0 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

the statistics increased for sevial days,but then  it happend to stay quiescence,i don't know what the reason is?

By the way, i found the Dur(H:M)  is 24:29, does that mean the i17 port had been reset one day ago?but we did nothing to the switch.

and what the Dur(H:M)  means?

Valued Contributor

Re: DCX porterr & Dur(H:M)

Hi there,

that output shows CRC errors on the link. You should review the SFP/HBA/cable since one of these elements is generating the errors. When it comes to Dur(H:M), AFAIK, it reports the time the port has been on the current status: offline, healthy, marginal...

Rgds

New Contributor

Guijarro,

thanks.

did it mean that the status had been offline or marginal  24:29 ago?

i aslo want to know how to find the status change log,and i don't understand why the err statistics  happend to stay quiescence? Maybe i should review the  SFP/HBA/cable agin,anyway , thank you very much!

Rgds

Valued Contributor

yes, it means that there has been a change in the status of the port.

You may find useful the following commands:

fwPortDetailShow

switchStatusShow

errdump

If the stats do not increase anymore, clean them up (command portstatsclear <slot/port>) and if they increase again, replace/clean the SFP, cable and/or hba.

rgds

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook