Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

DCX firmware upgrade from 6.4.0b to 6.4.3 faild to finish the commit process

Upgrading from 6.4.0b to 6.4.3  using bna it acted like it hung on the commit proces.

but the firmwaredownloadstatus show that it completed.

brocade_frmwrdwnldstt_shw.png

But when i did af firmwareshow it did not complete on the secondary on card 6.  

brocade_frmwr_shw.png

also we have a issue with the file system on card 6.  the /dev/hda1 shows 91 % used. brocade_filesys._shw.png

any sugestion on what happened or how to correct?

Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: DCX firmware upgrade from 6.4.0b to 6.4.3 faild to finish the commit process

Hi,

You can run cleanup in the Active CP in order to free up some space. This command deletes the obsolete files in the local CP, but needs root credentials to be executed.

Additionally, you can execute a supportsave -R in order to delete all the stored core dumps in the CP, this may free some space.

You can also try to perform an hafailover to the Standby CP and check if the reboot process released some space in CP0.

In order to perform the commit again, you can execute firmwarecommit. Or even a firmwarecommit -f to force it anyway. But if you have an active maintenance contract, I recommend you to open a case with Brocade (or the proper vendor) in order to have the status of that CP checked.

Kind regards

New Contributor

Re: DCX firmware upgrade from 6.4.0b to 6.4.3 faild to finish the commit process

felipon,

Thanks... seems that there was a known defect, and i had to use root to log in and remove a large log file in the /var/logs/ directory.   "rm  /var/log/ag_desc.txt"  file  to clear up the space problem...  It eventually completed the commit and got all the versions to the same level.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook