Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Connect 2 Brocade 300 FC8

Hi,

I have 4 Brocade 300 FC8, I have to connect them in pairs. Two of them are in a room and two others are in another room. These two rooms are connected by a FC OM1 62.5/125 wich is 130m longer. The FC band connectivity both sides is SC, so I have a 15m cable SC-LC on side and on the other side I have a 2m cable SC-LC.

My problem is that the link is still down, I try to downgrade speed port both sides from 8Gbit/s to 2Gbit/s (it means that I have up to 150m) but the link is still down...

Could someone help me please?

Thanks

best regards

Riccardo

Super Contributor

Re: Connect 2 Brocade 300 FC8

--->>>....are connected by a FC OM1 62.5/125

62.5 cable is not longer supported with 8GB Switch.

OM3 Cable at 2000 MHz must be used.

SAN_Cable_Type.jpg

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thank you.

Occasional Contributor

We have used 62.5 here recently without issues. Are the 2 switches you are trying to connect together in the same domain. You must make sure when you connect 2 or more switches to the same fabric there domains are different.

Not sure it was at length like what yours is. 150 meters. If the chart abba posted is correct then that is definitley to long.

Also dont want to insult you but did you make sure the cables are not flopped, meaning the transmit and recieve are going down the right paths. try flopping the fibers. Just throwing ideas out there.

Super Contributor

---->>>>If the chart abba posted is correct then that is definitley to long.

we got the table from Brocade Eng., and I don't have a doubt this would be incorrect.

New Contributor

the table is correct I have the same in Brocade documentation, but I set the speed port to 2Gbit/s so I should have the connectivity,

I tried to flop the FC too but it doesn't work, my brocades are in the same domain I will try tomorrow to change them.

If you have other ideas....Thanks!!

Super Contributor

--->>>...my brocades are in the same domain

do you mean the Switch Domain ID ?

Each Switch in the Fabric must have a Different Domain ID e.g. 1;2;3; and 4 , your cannot use the same DID.

New Contributor

No, IDs are differents (1,2,3,4,..) I speak about Admin Domain (AD0 or Physical Fabric...

I send you my port configuration on both Brocade, do you need something else to help me??

Super Contributor

Port 7 show as No-Light, have you tested another SFP ?

Is Admin Domain configured on all Switch ? 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook