Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Configuring Email From Field for FW

I have 2 HP branded DCX running v6.2 FOS and 2 HP 6510 running 7.0.0c FOS. I have configured fabric watch on all 4 switches and emails are working correctly. The problems is only 1 of the DCX shows the correct name on the email from address displaying correclty as dcx_a@xxx.xom. The other DCX shows as SWD77@xxx.com (which I beleive is a Brocade default) and the 2 6510's both show as 6510@xxx.com   All switches have unique names registered in DNS. How do I get their name to display correctly as the from address in FW email alerts? Thanks.

External Moderator

Re: Configuring Email From Field for FW

please post in the future such question in appropriate forum

about you question, you can change switch and chassis name with

"switchname" and "chassisname" command

TechHelp24
New Contributor

The switch names are all set and display correctly with those commands. They do not however show as the switch name in the from email line. That was my question, not how to set the switch name.

External Moderator

->.....not how to set the switch name.

you wrote

->The other DCX shows as SWD77@xxx.com (which I beleive is a Brocade default).....

from you first post, I understood, the name is set by default,

-> The switch names are all set and display correctly...

apparently are not, or you have configured first Fabric Watch and change name in second step

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.