Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Configdownload fails with SNMP issue

We are completely replacing a FC5022 switch in an IBM Flex Chassis with the same make/model switch.  We backed up the config prior to replacement and are now having issues when trying to do a configdownload after replacement.  We get the following error:

** snmp.snmpv3Usm.0.usmAuthProtocol.default:3                 Invalid Value
** snmp.snmpv3Usm.0.usmPrivProtocol.default:2                 Invalid Value

Process function of configdownload failed for filter snmp, lrc = -1

When I do a configshow -a, I don't see those values in the config on the new switch.  Anyone have any ideas how we can quickly get around this?

Valued Contributor

Re: Configdownload fails with SNMP issue

Hi,

you can try to edit the config file before performing the configdownload and delete those snmp entries

rgds

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I did end up editing the config to remove those entries and the configdownload then worked; however, I'm now having an issue where I can't discover these new switches in Network Advisor and am wondering if these lines are needed for some reason (I opened a new discussion for that issue).  These lines do show up in my other switches when I do a configshow -a.  I can't figure out how to alter the config on the system to have these lines in there.  You'd think that a configdownload would just overwrite the config, but it doesn't.  Is there a way to manually edit the running config on a switch?

Valued Contributor

Hi,

please paste here the output of snmpconfig --show snmpv3

which of those users are you using to discover the switchs? I think that those entries are associated to SNMPv3 user 1, so you could try with a different user and/or try to recreate the snmpconfig with: snmpconfig --default snmpv3

Rgds,

Felipon

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook