Occasional Contributor

Re: Collapsing a few switches

No port based zoniing, all WWN only

Occasional Contributor

Locality is considered in this case. 

Occasional Contributor

I am familier with most all multipath software including MPXIO & MPIO. I agreee if you change array WWN you must reconfigure MP & OS rescanbut changing from one switch in the fabric to the other has me puzzled. All hosts were rebooted and rescaned for disks. Which are blade servers by the waywhich are ISL'd to the 300E. I'm just thinking a FOS update on the 4024 and MP update should be done in order to see LUNS. Flare on Clariion is 3.26.20.5.29, all firmware and drivers for HBA's are up to correct levels.

Occasional Contributor

The array was moved to the 300E only to accomidate locality. The array is 4gbs . This is the ultimate goal to provide core/edge for the customer from the cascaded topology it currently is. Any c-class blade will transverse ISL's at 4GB/s. 300E's will be primary switches in the dual fabric config.

Super Contributor

That is ok, but in this case you have tried to move the Array  ports without informing the hosts , DBs, Apps.You should not have done this.

Anyway now you have to look from ESX end  also, if it is a blade SW.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook