Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Cisco MDS9509 and IBM Brocade4Gb Blade Switch

I have a customer with a SAN consisting of two switches cisco mds9509 and   some edge IBM blade Qlogic Switch . He has acquired further two switches IBM blade Brocade4Gb. He add one of the switches in the fabric as iteroperability mode 3 (McDATA Open Fabric. and  add the blades in the Zoning of mds9509. The active zone set is propagated to all Qlogic switches  but not in brocade4Gb. The activezones in the brocade result  the same name as the cisco but it is  empty: there are no alias, no zoning and no zoneconfig . Could you help me..Attached Cisco Showtech e Brocade showswitch. The ILS is from Brocade port15 and Cisco 4/2

External Moderator

Re: Cisco MDS9509 and IBM Brocade4Gb Blade Switch

--->>> He add one of the switches in the fabric as iteroperability mode 3 (McDATA Open Fabric. and  add the blades in the Zoning of mds9509. The active zone set is propagated to all Qlogic switches  but not in brocade4Gb.

Michele,

Brocade IM3 to some newest Cisco OS is not longer supported.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Are you shure? Where I can found official notice of this incombatibilty . How  i can touraround this limitation? Thanks.

External Moderator

--->>> Where I can found official notice of this incombatibilty .

very simple, you need just to open Support Ticket by Cisco or Brocade.

--->>> How  i can touraround this limitation?

NPIV

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook