Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Changing "Disable NodeName Zone Checking" Parameter

I have a question regarding a Brocade multi-switch fabric.  When changing the configure "zoning.check.nodeNameDisabled" parameter from a 0 to 1 on a specific switch, is this a switch event or an entire fabric event?  I know the only way to make this change is to disable the switch first but I want to know if changing this parameter on one switch will affect the other switches.  And if this is changed on one switch do I need to make this change on all the other switches in the fabric or just the switch one where I need this feature?  Will making this change on just one switch and not on others cause it to segment or prevent it from merging into an existing fabric?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Changing "Disable NodeName Zone Checking" Parameter

This is not a fabric parameter, so changing it on one switch only won't prevent that switch from joining the fabric. I checked this in my lab.

As far as I understand this parameter only affects zoning management operations running on a given switch.

As a side note, why would you need this ancient compatibility option in 2011?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook