Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Change IP for Brocase 200E FC Switch

Hi

We are planning to change the IPs for our EMC SAN and for the FC switches. Shall anyone help us to change the IPs, also will it affect any configured zones or production servers and SANs connected to the switch?

Thanks in Advance

LMS

External Moderator

Re: Change IP for Brocase 200E FC Switch

--->>> ...also will it affect any configured zones or production servers and SANs connected to the switch?

No.

login as admin trough Telnet, and execute the command

"ipaddrset"

now your can edit, IP, Subnet, and Gateway.

If your want to change just the IP address, can ignore the other setting with Enter.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thank You.

Also tell me whether there is any order for changing IP, for eg, change the IP for the switch first, then for SAN storage etc. I believe we are using the IP for management purpose only, right?

Regards

LMS

External Moderator

Hi, your ask here how to change IP Address for the switch, the mentioned procedure is the same by all Brocade Switches and FOS release.

--->>> Also tell me whether there is any order for changing IP, for eg, change the IP for the switch first,...

...I believe we are using the IP for management purpose only, right?

your are right.

The Manament IP is just for Management and don't have any impact with the Fabric or other Storage Component in the Fabric, like Storage Array or similary.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.