Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Cannot manage my switch from Windows 7

I cannot manage my switch farm from my Windows 7 computers, but it is possible to manage them from Windows XP, even virtualised.  We are using models 3850, 4100 and 5000.  The firmware versions are 5.3.1a and 5.3.2a because the older models cannot upgrade to version 6.x

When browsing to the switch, the URL changes to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/switchExplorer.html and then it waits.  After minutes a Java popup apears stating: Application Error.  The details page reports:

Coud not load file/URL specified: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/switchExplorer_installed.html

The Wrapped Exception lists:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/switchExplorer_installed.html

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCachedFile(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The Java build is 1.6.0_17-b04

What needs to be changed to enable me to manage the switches from a Windows 7 environment?

Regards

Andries

External Moderator

Re: Cannot manage my switch from Windows 7

Andries,

--->>> The firmware versions are 5.3.1a and 5.3.2a because the older models cannot upgrade to version 6.x

4100 and 5000 are full Supported and Capable with all 6.x Release and latest FabricOS 6.3.x

3850 is Full Supported only until Release 6.2.x ( 6.3.x is not )

BTW. the error below is not a from windows, you need to use by FabOS 5.x Java 1.5 and not 1.6

--->>> What needs to be changed to enable me to manage the switches from a Windows 7 environment?

Uninstall Java 1.6 and install 1.5

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Andries,

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.

If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.
Thanks!

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thanks very much.  I tested several times and it worked 100%.

Is there a higher JRE version requirement when running v6 of the Brocade firmware?

Regards

Andries

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook