Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Cannot Delete local User in Brocade 6500

Hi Friends,

While trying to delete a local user (admin role), I am getting the below errors.

FIBER12:xxxx> userconfig --show xxx_xxx_admin

Account name: xxx_xxx_admin
Description: Administrator
Enabled: Yes
Password Last Change Date: Wed Sep 24 2014 (UTC)
Password Expiration Date: Not Applicable (UTC)
Locked: No
Role: admin
AD membership: 0 255
Home AD: 0

FIBER12:xxxx> userconfig --delete xxx_xxx_admin
Cannot manage the target account due to conflicting AD permissions

FIBER12:xxxx> userconfig --deletead xxx_xxx_admin -a 255

What is this Ad Membership and how can I delete this user??

Brocade Moderator

Re: Cannot Delete local User in Brocade 6500

Hi,

what is the FOS version?

Can you please provide the output from 'userconfig --show' for the user running the delete command? 

Are the user trying to do the deletion a Radius/LDAP/AD/Tacas account or a local account?

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocade Moderator

Hi,

see if you can remove the 255 AD by using CLI below and then delete the user

userconfig --deletead xxx_xxx_admin -a 255

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Contributor

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My account details on switch as below (I am the one trying to delete the account):

FIBER14:kisalipa> userconfig --show kisalipa

Account name: kisalipa
Description:
Enabled: Yes
Password Last Change Date: Fri Sep  8 2017 (UTC)
Password Expiration Date: Not Applicable (UTC)
Locked: No
Role: admin
AD membership: 0
Home AD: 0

I tried to delete the 255 AD as well, but dint work,

FIBER14:kisalipa> userconfig --deletead xxx_xxx_admin -a 255

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

what is the fos level / firmware installed?  And you are not using VF, I see.

kind regards,

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

the user deleting the old user need to be member of at least the same ADs as the other user, so your user need AD: 0 and 255, or possible 0-255. You could try to add 255, or 0-255 to your and then re-run the delete.  I will see if I can take a look in the lab later this week or beginning next week, what is the FOS level on the switch? And is you running/using VF (fosconfig --show), please?

Contributor

Hi Martin,

Answers to your previous quries below. Also, what is the use of AD??
XXXXX8:xxxx> fosconfig --show

FC Routing service:             Service not supported on this platform
iSCSI service:                  Service not supported on this Platform
iSNS client service:            Service not supported on this Platform
Virtual Fabric:                 Service not supported on this Platform
Ethernet Switch Service:        Service not supported on this Platform
XXXXX8:xxxx> firmwareshow
Appl     Primary/Secondary Versions
------------------------------------------
FOS      v7.2.1d
         v7.2.1d

Brocade Moderator

Limited number of possible solution

- try by adding all ADs to your user and then delete the xxx_xxx_admin user

userconfig --addad kisalipa -a 0-255

or

userconfig --addad kisalipa -a 255

and the try delete the xxx_xxx_admin user.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook