Fibre Channel (SAN)

Can't upgrade from 7.3.2a to 7.4.1c, always get error message.

Hey guys,

i am upgrade the FOS from 7.3.2a to 7.4.1c, but when i do the upgrade(either upgrade localy or from BNA), i ways got the error message as below:

Checking system settings for firmwaredownload...
The following item(s) need to be addressed before downloading the specified firmware:
Advanced Performance Monitoring (APM) is obsoleted in FOS v7.4. Please remove all APM monitors if installed on all the logical switches prior to upgrade. Please use commands perfDelEEMonitor, fmMonitor --delmonitor, perfTTmon --delete to remove all End-to-End monitors, Frame monitors and Top talker monitors respectively. Flow Vision provides the same functionality in FOS v7.4. Please refer Flow Vision Administrator's guide for further information.

Firmwaredownload failed.

i tried to run the command and checked, i have no user defined monitors. and also i checked the method below.

any one have idea on this? 

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/administration-guide/fos-740-flow/GUID-5C81FAE6-449C-440C-AA8F-05705D9FF51D.html 

Brocade Moderator

Re: Can't upgrade from 7.3.2a to 7.4.1c, always get error message.

@popo_magic

Are you running Virtual Fabrics (VF) (fosconfig --show), then you need to verify in all logical switches that APM monitors are removed - notice that toptalker also installed monitor.  Further, please provide output from the following command:

configshow -all | grep perf.Toptalker

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't upgrade from 7.3.2a to 7.4.1c, always get error message.

Hi,

please provide the output from following commands:

perfresourceshow –eeRes

perfresourceshow --portttRes

Kind Regards
Ralf

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.