Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Can't PING from Switch To FTP Server

Upgrading from FOS 6.2.1 to 6.2.2 and above... I feep getting failed FTP connections... I can't ping the FTP server (Filezilla on my laptop) direct connected to my laptop.......

Any tips or tricks........... This worked before on other switches......

Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: Can't PING from Switch To FTP Server

Can you ping from laptop (with Filezilla) to the switch?

If not check if ethernt is correct confgured on both ends.

Andreas

Occasional Contributor

I can ping my PC to switch, Pc to TFTP, but I cannot ping PC to TFTP, suggestions?

Brocade Moderator

Hello,

is the firewall enabled on your laptop? Pinging should be generally possible but it's worth a try. Incoming traffic has to be enabled on your FTP ports on PC side. If your firewall is enabled I would disable it completely and test FTP access again. I know that you said it worked before but depending on your OS there may have been some firewall changes depending on upgrades/patches of your OS.

AG

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook