Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Can someone help me? I have a couple of Silkwork 3800 swiches with the same serial number. How can I change the serial numbers?

Can someone help me?  I have two sets of Silkwork 3800 swiches that display the same serial number.  How can I change the serial numbers?  I suspect that my previous coworker may have uploaded/downloaded a config.  Would this change the displayed serial number?  I'm trying to get some maintenance agreements straightened out so I need to be able to report the correct serial numbers.

New Contributor

Re: Can someone help me? I have a couple of Silkwork 3800 swiches

Well, I found the ssn command so I think I can fix it but I do still have the question about the configupload/download.  Is this what changed it?

External Moderator

Re: Can someone help me? I have a couple of Silkwork 3800 swiches with the same serial number. How can I change the serial numbers?

--->>>  I have two sets of Silkwork 3800 swiches that display the same serial number.

The Serial number cannot be changed by User.

I think you mean, the Product Number, and not a SN.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Re: Can someone help me? I have a couple of Silkwork 3800 swiches with the same serial number. How can I change the serial numbers?

Hhhmmm, well it's the number that is displayed as the serial number in the gui, along with the soft serial number with the ssn command.  Is this also the Product Number?  I figured out how to correct it, I was just wondering how it got changed.

External Moderator

By Brocade don't exist TWO switch with the same Serial Number.

Guaranted !

TechHelp24
New Contributor

These are HP-branded brocade switches.  I was able to change the serial number on one of them to the correct HP serial number.  Was just wondering if a configupload/download would have changed it.

New Contributor

I have simmilar problem and can't solve it.

The whole case is about Software Serial Number ( in this case IBM SSN) on 2005-B16 IBM switch.

First: IBM ssn serial number on the box doesnt match ssn serial number showne by "chassisshow" command.

I think that first is due someone replaced mainboards but not changed soft serial number as it should be done.

Second "chassisshow" s/n  it's also different form serial number you can see when browsing "configupload" file.

I think it might be from configuation donwnloaded somwhere on the way by "configdownload -all" command.

Is there a way to solve this situation ?

Is there a tool or command to set serial Software Serial Number as it should be ?

There was "snn" command in OS 2,6 but it's no more.

Factory and root users have some hidden commands, maybe there is something i need ?

Thank you for help in advance.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook