Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Can EFCM zoneset Export be imported into DCFM?

I'm using IR to migrate my current core-edge McData SANs over to to a pair of DCX backbones. To create LSAN zones in the Brocade fabric I thought I'd be able to take an Export of the zonesets from EFCM (Connectrix Manager 9.7.4) and import that XML file into DCFM 10.4.5.

So far, I've been unable to find a straightforward method of doing this. Is there a way to import that into DFCM?

Regular Contributor

Re: Can EFCM zoneset Export be imported into DCFM?

Hi cooneyk,

Could you clarify what exactly you're trying to achieve with FC-FC routing and LSAN zones? are you moving your devices to DCX?

I don't know of any built-in method to convert McDATA zones into Brocade format, but if you send me console output for McDATA zones I might be able to craft Brocade zoning scripts for you.

Hope this helps,

Linar

External Moderator

you have to use the Migration Procedure from EFCM to DCFM, and find all saved config into DCFM after installation procedure is ended,

and not import any xml file to DCFM.

any such Migration methode is unknown to me.

TechHelp24
Contributor

We're moving off old McData switches to DCX backbones - two fabrics in total. I already have interfabric links in place and will begin moving hosts next week. The vendor who provided the DCX hardware said I'd be able to export the zone information from EFCM and import it into DCFM but that doesn't appear to be the case, probably, as you stated, because the formats are different. I don't mind creating the new zones in DCFM manually.

The original plan was to upgrade EFCM to DCFM a few months back and go from there. In this way the zone information will be in DCFM and I can leave EFCM behind. I upgraded to DCFM at this location several months ago but the only valid seed switches we had were Spherion 4700s (one in each fabric) and after a few weeks they suddenly became unmanageable. Both 4700s came up as invalid seed switches. I ended up flipping back over to EFCM so we could get back to work.

External Moderator

Cooneyk,

--->>>....they suddenly became unmanageable....

The reason that the Switch become as "unmanageable" is that Brocade change the WWN Number on NEW Switch Production Series.

In such case, are TWO Workaround available:

1) you must Upgrade with a WWN Patch the Current EFCM, and second you must make some change in DCFM.

In order to obtailn this Patch, Open a Call by Brocade or they OEM Supplier.

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark and "Rate" as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thank you.

TechHelp24
Contributor

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I do not understand the WWPN issue you are describing.  Is there an article, and a title to the patch that I can give to my current McData vendor (Connectrix Manager, EMC) and new vendor (DFCM, IBM)?

External Moderator

--->>>I do not understand the WWPN issue you are describing.

I've post nothing about WWPN, I say you must upgrade EFCM with the WWN Patch

See readme file, is attached.

Connectrix Manager is the OEM Name by EMC, but the product EFCM or DCFM are the same.

TechHelp24
Contributor

I apologize - it was WWN I meant to say.

But I need to back up a bit. What is the purpose of replacing this jar file and do you have the aritcle or issue explaining the WWN problem and why I need to replace the jar file?

-Kevin

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook