Fibre Channel (SAN)

Regular Visitor

Brocade300(HP Storage Works 8/8 SAN Switch) doesn't work(POST Error)

Hi All,

We have HP Storage Works 8/8 SAN Switch(Brocade 300). It doesn't work due to POST error. During it boot we recieve this error:

POST1: Test #1 - Running turboramtest
POST1: Script FAILED with exit status of 1 Mon Aug 4 07:50:54 GMT 2014 took (0:0:15) 2014/08/04-07:50:54, [EM-2003], 2339, CHASSIS, ERROR, Brocade300, Switch has failed the POST tests. FRU is being faulted.

After this error all port lights are orange and switch doesn't work. Network interfase is working, but if we try to access the switch via web, we recieve an error like this:

Chassis is not ready for management now.
Please try after some time.

I tried to change memory and batterey(from working switch) - nothing.

Friends, could you tell, is it possible to restore switch functionality?

Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Re: Brocade300(HP Storage Works 8/8 SAN Switch) doesn't work(POST Error)

hi,

when the POST fails, the switch itself is marked as faulty and you should contact the switch vendor, HP in this case, in order to have it reviewed and eventually replaced. If, by any reason, that is not an option, you could try to disable the POST tests performed during boot up (very unrecommended action but possible):

with command diagdisablepost the switch won't run the POST tests after a reboot and it may work; but bear in mind that if the POST failed there must be some problem within the switch and the cure could be worse than the disease, so try it with care.

Rgds,

Felipon

Regular Visitor

Re: Brocade300(HP Storage Works 8/8 SAN Switch) doesn't work(POST Error)

Goodmorning everybody.

How did you solved? I am in the same situation but my machine is a EMC branded (ds-300b).

Thank you for advices,

Davide

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook