Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Brocade vs Cisco? Which has highest recognition and paying rates in DataCenter field?

Hello experts,

When we take Brocade and Cisco, I would like to know from you guys, which certification path has hight recongnition and paying rate in the Data Center field?

I am more into FC and converge network (i.e. FCoE) solution and would like to know which has bigger and /or brighter future?

I would like to have side-by-side comparison, if someone can provode me that information.

Thank you in advanced.

Super Contributor

Re: Brocade vs Cisco? Which has highest recognition and paying rates in DataCenter field?

Ah the old proverbial certification question.    My favorite go to for this topic is done by Certification Magazine who produce a nice salary survey.  The reason why i like this one, they poll the community and the consensus comes from the people in the networking community of what they have and the salaries that go along with it.  So I dont think they've published a newer since 2009, but looking it over it still hold true IMHO. 

So you can find it at Certification - December 2009

But the area most pertinent to you inquiry is on page 18 where you will see a breakdown of all the tech certifications vs salary.

certs.jpg

Now for the other part of your question of "highest recognition"... that part is extremely subjective.  Both Brocade and Cisco put out fantastic Certifications programs and no mater what you choose, I think you'll be happy either way.  Many here at Brocade have both as we are a networking player and in that universe its not just Brocade but other vendors as well and in this small world, knowing more then one language will only make communication that much better.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Super Contributor

Re: Brocade vs Cisco? Which has highest recognition and paying rates in DataCenter field?

More info recently posted... http://marketing.dice.com/pdf/Dice_2013TechSalarySurvey.pdf

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook