Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Brocade firmware upgrade

[ Edited ]
Dear team,
Please help us to download a firmware patch .
We are using san 4900 switch running with version 6.3.4b
Now it required to upgrade to version 6.4.3d.
Kindly help us to download the same.
Thanks
Jagan
Brocade Moderator

Re: Brocade firmware upgrade

[ Edited ]

I generally avoid the generic 'read the manual' but in this case, rather than anyone here re-inventing the wheel, it really would be best to get the admin guide for FOS 6.4.3d and just follow the steps for firmware download.

If you log into My Brocade at the link near the top of this page, you can then download both the admin guide and also the firmware file. Click on "Downloads" link along the top row, then from the "Product downloads" 'download by' drop down select "all operating systems". From there, choose "Fabric Operating System(FOS) 6.x)", and drill down through the options to "FOS 6.4.x". When you get to that, get the Release Notes, and then you can download the firmware file "FOS 6.4.3d GA" to a server which has FTP or SCP services and can be connected to the 4900 with a network connection.

Once you've gotten the firmware, and the Rel notes, click on the "Documentation" from the gray bar above, and follow the same basic drill down directions to get the Admin Guide from FOS 6.4.x.

Connect your switch to the FTP/SCP server with CAT 5 network cable, and follow the directions in the Admin Guide for downloading. Read the rel notes prior to starting. Report back if you have trouble.

Links: my.brocade.com

Best of luck.

(edited for clarity)

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.