Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Brocade Silkworm 200E

Hello,

we have an opportunity to buy Brocade Silkworm 200E switch for really low price (sort of "jumble sale"). We would like to use it for testing and educational purposes. The switches has no support. Since we are new in Brocade world I't like to ask you for advice:

- we would like to connect them to McData 4300/4500. Is it going to be able to ?

- I am not aware of level of firmware. If we get the switches - is it possible to do firmware upgrade somehow ?

- could you please recommend how we could test it before buying it ?

- would you recommend buying it ?

Thanks in advance

Przemek

Frequent Contributor

Re: Brocade Silkworm 200E

Hi przemyslaw_bak

>- I am not aware of level of firmware. If we get the switches - is it possible to do firmware upgrade somehow ?

If the switch is not under a support contract with a vendor or partner you won't be able to obtain the Fabric OS to do you upgrades.

> could you please recommend how we could test it before buying it ?

I would try to get the login details from the person or company your buying it from , that way life will be a bit easier for you to login and take a peak around.

> would you recommend buying it ?

200e are good little switches if the price is right I would jump right at it , although just take note on what I mentioned about logins , if you can get those details your life will be alot easier.

Good luck

David

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook