Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Brocade SilkWorm 4024_interface disabled - how to enable it

Hello Everyone.

I have bought Brocade  4Gb San Switch SilkWorm 4024 on ebay and I can't manage it using ILO of C7000. When I want to clik on Menagment url  (IP: 10.94.26.201) of this san switch  I get the message INTERFACE (10.94.26.201) IS DISABLED BY ADMINISTRATOR. I Would like mention that SWITCH looks it works ok - for example - I can logon it using CLI as a admin (by serial port or ethernet) but I would like to mange its by GUI in ILO. I Hope you Guys understand what I mean and If you know how to enable iterface please help me? Cheers, (I suppose it must be some command  but I have no idea what it must be.

Robert

Regular Contributor

Re: Brocade SilkWorm 4024_interface disabled - how to enable it

Hey,

http://community.brocade.com/thread/3142?start=0&tstart=0

you could try one of those commands.

configure and then enable http in there would be the first to try.

New Contributor

so , I have to type command "configure" in CLI when I log on Brocade 4Gb SAN Switch - isn't it?

Regular Contributor

yes

New Contributor

OK I have attached some screenshots to let you guys better understand what I mean. So when I try to

1.PNG

click on Menagment URL (192.168.1.11 of SANSwitch I get this message

2.PNG

any suggestion how to enable it ? (Interface 192.168.1.9 is IP my eth0 in laptop)

Robert

External Moderator

I'm not familiarly with such HP Blade / Chassis systems, however I don't think this is as behavior with not started or disabled services between the "configure" commands mentioned in the other Thread.

That show to me "The interface has been Disabled...."  as the Blade not accept as per some reason this IP Address for management

Try to change the IP in you Laptop, or check if is a Feature in Chassis management that Bock certain IP, or maybe you have Firewall active.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

ok , I solved it. For others:

command:

Ipfilter

and then use parameters with command "ipfilter"

for example :

ipfilter --show

and you can see port 80 is permit or deny.

then you have to change 80 for permit.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.