Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Brocade SAN Switch 8/24 How to configure

Hi,

I am new, my collegue on Holiday, I want to add a new esx Server to the storage. I have to add on the SAN Switch 8/24 Fabric A and B the new Server. First how can I do a backup of each San Switch? (in the menu on backup it does not ask me about backupfilename and path)

Is there a tool or docu to configure ports (for testing)? I know a lot of question, but may be somebody can Help Greenhorn....

Thanks a lot!!!!

werner

Contributor

Re: Brocade SAN Switch 8/24 How to configure

from cli  To take the backup of the configuration use configupload command..use your local ftp server to save the configuration.

Regards

Seenivasan P

Contributor

Hi,

a good start could be the FOS Administrator’s Guide for your FOS version. You can find that under my.brocade.com -> Downloads -> Fabric Operating System (FOS).

It is huge but the chapters you probably need are at least:

- Section I: Chapter 3: Ports

- Section I: Chapter 11: Administering Advanced Zoning

Michael

Super Contributor

micm wrote:

a good start could be the FOS Administrator’s Guide for your FOS version. You can find that under my.brocade.com -> Downloads -> Fabric Operating System (FOS).

In addition to downloading from MyBrocade for a local copy, there is also the HTML'ized version found here.

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/FOS_AG_710/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Title.01.1.html

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook