Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Brocade FOS / M-EOS Compatibility issues

We currently have M-eos 9.1.1 firmware on our fabric which consists of McData 4700's. We also have Brocade for IBM Bladecenter switches in AG mode that are at firmware FOS v5.3.2a.  I upgraded a Brocade to 6.1.1 and 2 ports on the switch  gave an error " Login Failed, duplicate AL_PA"  Once I removed and recreated the AG settings then all was OK.

Is anyone aware if the following versions are compatiblite - m-eos 9.1.1 (fabric Mcdata mode) and Brocade v6.1.1a. (Access gateway mode) and if so is it best to upgrade the Fabric to M-eos 9.9.x and then upgrade the Brocades to FOS v6.1.1

If anyone can point me to a m-eos / Brocade FOS firmware compatibility matrix that would help

External Moderator

Re: Brocade FOS / M-EOS Compatibility issues

--->>> We currently have M-eos 9.1.1 firmware on our fabric which consists of McData 4700's.

It is highly recommended that M-EOS products operate with the most recent version of M-EOS

released and supported for interoperability. M-EOS 9.8.0 is the minimum version of firmware that

is qualified to interoperate with FOS 6.1.1 or later.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hello, TechHelp, Could you please show us the link to certify what you suggesting here. We also have similar issues and would like to know link to an official compatibity matrix.

Cheers,

Max.

External Moderator

--->>> Could you please show us the link to certify what you suggesting here.

here in the community

--->>> We also have similar issues and would like to know link to an official compatibity matrix.

Fabric OS release Notes descripted the compatibility between EOS and FOS

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook