Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Brocade 7800 Firmware problem.

Greetings,

I've taken over looking after our SAN Fabrics, we have a mixture of 7800, 5300 and 5480s.

I was shocked to find they handn't had firmware upgrades for a while, so I put in the required paperwork, fired up a FileZilla FTP server and off I went...

All went well until one Switch, a 7800 running  FOS 7.3.2 with secure mode enabled (the only one on the fabric!),  It had been on 6.4.2a and allowed my to upgrade (via the correct path) without error using FTP and now won't allow FTP, yet others would. I tried using secModeDisable, but get RBAC errors (even with Admin). This switch is at our DR site and we don't have an SCP nor SFTP setup.

My question, is I thought that secure mode was a fabric wide policy and if so, how could this switch have this mode enabled and how do I correct this, to allow me to upgrade the firmware without going down there with a USB stick?

Let me know if you need more info, also apologies if this is in the wrong place.

New Contributor

Re: Brocade 7800 Firmware problem.

So anyway, bit of research later I found the issue.

in the configure > cfgload attributes > Enforce secure config Upload/Download = yes

Changing this attriubte to = no allowed me to carry on using FTP.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook