Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Brocade 7800 Configuration with DCX?

I have a site having multiple Brocade and Mcdata switched connected to remote site using Mcdata 1620 with FCIP. I need to consolidate all edge switches into new DCX with new 7800 for FCIP configuration to replace the 1620? I am clear on configuration the site connectivity between the two 7800 but can any one guide me - How to configure 7800 to connect with DCX at local and remote site as well. Is there any configuration guide for it at Brocade site?

Is it true also that to avoid the fabric merge I should set VEX_port on one side and VE_port on the other side to configure the FCIP tunnel?

Thanks

Manish

Super Contributor

Re: Brocade 7800 Configuration with DCX?

Manisch,

-->>> Is it true also that to avoid the fabric merge I should set VEX_port on one side and VE_port on the other side to configure the FCIP tunnel?

Yes, is correct. To avoid Fabric Merge FCIP Tunnel beetwen both E_Port Fabric must be configured as VEX to VE.

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thank you.

Occasional Contributor

Hello ABBS,

Thanks for the answer, Please clear one more thing - I have configured the VXE port with -

portcfgvexport 16 -a 1 -f 2 -d 200, (configure port 16 as VXE, enables admin, fabric 2 and preferred domain id 200).

How do we set the VE port on 7800? Is this the same command set the VE port , I am confused with portcfgvexport. As I want to set the remote site port as VE and local as VEX port?

Thanks

Manish

Regular Contributor

Hi -

I'm not sure I've well understood (drawing may help) but to avoid fabric merge between local and remote site, you may have something like that :

Local Site                                  WAN                               Remote Site

DCX E-port <---IFL---> EX-port 7800 VE-port <------ FCIP tunnel -------> VE-port 7800 EX-port <---IFL---> E-port DCX

Each DCX is in a single edge fabric, 7800s are in the same fabric (called Backbone fabric).

In that case, no need to have VEX-port configured, EX-ports between edge and backbone fabrics are doing the job.

Maybe attached drawing will be better ...

Hope this helps

Regards

--

david

Super Contributor

Manish,

see the other thread.

to avoid confusion, please don'tcreate in the future double threads about the same question..

Thanks.

/KB

Occasional Contributor

Thanks KB, I will keep this in mind.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook