Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Brocade 300 newbie - how to get to #prompt

Hello,

I need to be able to delete, recreate snmp string on brocade 300. All of the references I find use CLI from the priviledged exec prompt #. When I login using admin, I get the > prompt and I don't see how to change modes.

I have experience on Cisco MDS switches and so I tried the enable command to get to the prompt and it doesn't seem to get me to the #,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Benita

Brocade Moderator

Re: Brocade 300 newbie - how to get to #prompt

[ Edited ]

Hello Benita,

You are working on a Brocade 300 Fibre Channel switch. When you login as admin(>), you have all the priveleges to make changes to your snmp config. This is not a Cisco, and you do not need root(#) to do this work. Expample:

switch:admin> snmpconfig --set seclevel
Select SNMP Security Level
(0 = No security, 1 = Authentication only, 2 = Authentication and Privacy, 3 = sxNo Access): (0..3)
[0]

If you require root access, you will need the password for root, and simply login to the switch as "root" and supply the root password. However, this is not required for managing the snmp configuration. (Note the double dash behind the command).

Please see this guide for more help:

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/administration-guide/fos-741-adminguide/GUID-3C4B146D-822D-42F1-8301-6F10D8B903B3.html

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

New Contributor

Re: Brocade 300 newbie - how to get to #prompt

Thank you so much!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook