Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Brocade 300 license confirmation

Dear All,

I would like to confirm the following license output from the GUI in brocade switch:

Full Ports on demand license - additional 8 port upgrade

Please could someone explain what this means.

does this mean I have to contact vendor to purchase additional license for the remaining 8 ports?

Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: Brocade 300 license confirmation

Hi GFI_admin,

You have posted to the Ethernet group and not the FC group.  Please report to the http://community.brocade.com/community/forums/products_and_solutions/data_center_products Data center SAN  group.

Thanks

Michael.

Contributor

Yes. You have to contact the vendor for additional POD ( Port On Demand ) license.

Frequent Contributor

Hi GFI_admin!

Like said, you'll get more of a response if you put this particular discussion thread in the Data Center SAN Community. I have moved your thread over for you. Thank you very much for participating in our community!

Cheers,

Grace Chang

Global Community Manager

Valued Contributor

Hi,

where do you see that message?

I would say that that means that you have the an 8-port expansion licencse installed.

rgds

Regular Contributor

Hi,

the B300 comes with 8 Ports. Then you can increase the number of ports by steps of 8.

So the first step is that you can use 16 Ports (8+8) and if you have all licences you can use all 24 Ports.

In your case you can use the first 16 Ports of the B300 (8 from the beginning and another 8 from the 8-port expansion lic).

The output is from the licencseshow command.

Regards

Ralf

Kind Regards
Ralf

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.