Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Brocade 300 Switch, No contact with management interface??

Hello!

I have 2 brocade 300 switches with my custom IP

We moved the equipment a couple of month ago, but we forgot to insert the network cable in the management port.

I have now connected the two cabels to the managment interface, but the problem is that i cant reach the switches by their IP

i have tried to set the ip again using the serial cable to each unit, but the problem is still there!

Do you think that i need to reboot my switches now when i  have connected the network cables?

ask questions of you need more info to help me..

/Jonas

Valued Contributor

Re: Brocade 300 Switch, No contact with management interface??

Hi,

do you have link in the switch? Try to assign a different IP by executing ipaddrset and the set the one you want (this may reset the eth port that seems to be stuck).

Instead of rebooting the switch, you can try before to perform an 'hareboot' that is non-disruptive and may reset the eth card as well.

(on the other hand, if you log in as root, you could try to disable/enable the eth port using the linux ifconfig command.)

Rgds

External Moderator

Jonas wrote:

--->>> i have tried to set the ip again using the serial cable to each unit, but the problem is still there!

felipon, now you post here,

--->>>do you have link in the switch? Try to assign a different IP by executing ipaddrset and the set the one you want

at some time make more sense to read the entire threads before post such usellessly answer.

TechHelp24
Valued Contributor

Thanks TechHelp24 for you useful advice, it is difficult for me to entirely read a one-post thread... But on the one hand Jonas did not say if he get link when connected the eth cable and on the other hand, I have seen similar issues being fixed by assigning a different IP (not the same one as Jonas tried) and setting back the original.

Occasional Contributor

Hello!

I will try to assign another IP today, i got link in my switch and on the ETH0 on the Brocade switch,. i even tried to connect the ETH0 with o cros over cable to my laptop..

I will get back here during the day!

Occasional Contributor

Hi again!

i have tried to change IP to another ip in the same range

but when the HTTP server should restart i get this error

2012/02/29-09:25:41, , 54,, INFO, G5FC01, HTTP server will be restarted due to change of IP Address
timed out waiting

so i think i need to reboot my switch? or what do you think?

Occasional Contributor

I have now rebooted my switch and it works!

N/A

Hi,

We have a this issue on san switch 300e. It can not to management on GUI. I tried to used the cammand "ipaddrset" already. If I restart a san switch. It's will be ok. Thank you for your knowledge.

Thank&Regards

Panya

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.