Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Brocade 300 - Reset for default password of the admin

Friends,

I need to reset the password for user admin for two Brocade switches 300 to the factory default password. The default password is password, right?
Anyone know how this procedure?

Best Regards!

Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: Brocade 300 - Reset for default password of the admin

Login as "root" ( default password for root is "fibranne ) and try the command "passwddefault"

all username pwd will be reset

if you have lost the password, your need to reset the switch with the Password Recovery Procedure.

see this WiKi for details

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Super Contributor

you can also do it by log in as admin and change the passwd by passwd cmd and new password i.e. password. If you do not have the root log in. remember always get 1 time root password from your vendor whenever you are bying a SW

New Contributor

Where can this procedure be found? I have looked multiple times within the communities and each search reports back with empty messages. Any concise direction in this manner would be greatly appreciated. I would gladly rate a solution guideing reply with the proper response.

I tried to Login as "root" ( default password for root is "fibranne ) and try the command "passwddefault" all username pwd will be reset if you have lost the password, your need to reset the switch with the Password Recovery Procedure. see this WiKi for details If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'. and I failed.  I tried another way as "you can also do it by log in as admin and change the passwd by passwd cmd and new password i.e. password. If you do not have the root log in. remember always get 1 time root password from your vendor whenever you are bying a SW" and I meet the difficult part in password resetting. I can meet the limitation of its password. I need to think a password has at least 20 characters long and complex enough cause I don`t want to lost or being hacked. I don`t have any ideas except asking help of the Free Password Managers with the hope of create a password that long enough for me. I don`t know where to keep it cause it is so long. The broser automatically and iCloud are not the Secure Password Storage cause I was hacked before and browser was where I kept before. I don`t know if the second way works, but I am just stuck in the password setting.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook