Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Brocade 2499-384 (DCX): Firmware upgrade path?

We recently were given a 2499-384 SAN director.  The firmware on it is old, 6.4.2a.  We want to get current and upgrade to 7.2.1c.  Is it possible to upgrade directly from 6.4.2a -> 7.2.1c?  Or do I have to go from 6.4.2a -> 7.0* - 7.1* - 7.2.1c? 

It can be a disruptive upgrade since nothing is using the switch yet. 

I looked thru release notes but the only migration path I saw from 6.4.2a was to 7.0*, so wasn't sure if it was possible to go directly from 6.4.2a -> 7.2.1c.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

External Moderator

Re: Brocade 2499-384 (DCX): Firmware upgrade path?

Hi dayoung,

One Step Upgrade from 6.4.x to 7.2.x is not Supported.

details are descripted as well in FOS Release Notes, below some example. However I reccomended to follow the Brocade FOS Path Upgrade Guide.

FOS Upgrade and Downgrade Special Considerations

Release Notes FOS 7.1.2

Disruptive upgrades to Fabric OS v7.1.2 are allowed and supported from FOS 6.4.x (up to a two-level migration) using the optional “-s” parameter with the firmwaredownload command.

Release Notes FOS 7.2.0a

Disruptive upgrades to Fabric OS v7.2.0a are allowed and supported from FOS v7.0.x (up to a two-level migration) using the optional “-s” parameter with the firmwaredownload command.

Release Notes FOS 7.3.0

Disruptive upgrades to Fabric OS v7.3.0 are allowed and supported from FOS v7.1.x (up to a two-level migration) using the optional “-s” parameter with the firmwaredownload command.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.