Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Brocade 200e interopmode

Brocade 200e is linked to Emulex HBA (FC) & Eonstor storage array.

When i set interopmode to "ON" ,storage array/target/luns is not shown up in emulex hba.

Both Emulex FC card (N Port) and array(NL Port) are getting logged into the switch . Nameserver database shows the entires for these devices.

If i set the interopmode to "OFF" ,the target is cleanly discovered by Emulex FC card.

Tried putting the FC card on loop only mode ,but doesnt seem to solve the problem.Same behaviour with Qlogic FC HBA as well.

Any thoughts / ideas / possibilities?

I appreciate the help!

Pratheep

External Moderator

Re: Brocade 200e interopmode

Pratheep,

When you change the Interopmode all existing config will be erased.

That look to me the switch is not configured or the Zone is not effective defined and activated.

In Interopmode you must first config the switch whit all Funsamentals Option, DomainID, Fabric parameters etc..

Is the switch already configured ?

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Yes,the switch was already configured with fundamentals ,Both Emulex and Eonstor were in the same domain id,obiously area and port id as different.

Initally all the ports were in default zone (no zone),then later tried with zone as well,but doesnt help .

steps followed :

-->  Switchdisable

--> configure

Fabric Parameters ; Y

Domain : 110

remaining parameters were all set to default value

---> interopmode 1

--->switchenable

--->mgPlmgmtDeactivate

--->

Both Emulex and Eonstor logs into the switch (Port ID:6e0b25.6e0301)...but the emulex hba shows linkup and doesnt see the target luns.

Now if i disable interopmode..everthings works fine .

External Moderator

Pratheep,

--->>> Yes,the switch was already configured with fundamentals ,Both Emulex and Eonstor were in the same domain id,obiously area and port id as different.

The solution is very simple, if the switch was configured and the Port are in the Old cfg, also old DomainID you need first to remove the config, change the Interopmode and then add all the Port in a new config.

Again, when you change the Interopmode effective config will be ersed and you need to config the Zone now.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

------> then add all the Port in a new config.

Can you guide with the commands to be used .

External Moderator

is the switch current in IM 0 or 1 ?

Please collect follow info and post here:

"switchshow"

"cfgshow"

in order the output you post here in the last answer, i note the Mode is set as 1 so i assume you work whit FabricOS 5.3 or below.

which exact version is loaded ?

If you want to change the interopmode please note only Port WWN Zone are supported in IM, and a Reboot is necessary in order to take effect when you change the Mode.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

---> IM is set to 1

---> Switchshow output :

please find the attached file for details.

----> fab os version : 5.3

Yes,the switch was rebooted .

Please let me for details.

External Moderator

You wrote:

--->>> Yes,the switch was already configured with fundamentals ...

and i am sure this config cannot work.

I see in the output cfg only Two WWN Address, in the switchshow only one is active at Port 3.

Port 2 is Disable, is this port connected ?

Port 12 show as L_Port

At which Port's is connect the Array ?

In the cfg i cannot see any appropiate Port's for all device. I would delete this config, and create a new whit all Port HBA and Array.

If you don't have experience whit the command line ( it seems to me that they have no experience), please use the the switch Webtools to create a config , it is very easy.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the help!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook