Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Brocade 20-port 8Gb SAN [: =: unary operator expected

hi guys

I needed to delete and reset all configuration for a pair of IO SAN Switch -- Brocade 20-port 8Gb SAN Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter (44X1926 FRU) -- the thing is I reset the module to default settings as I done it in the past with multiple switch.... it boots OK well or at least looks like

but when loging with admin - user - root  - factory user I get message " [: =: unary operator expected "

something interesting is I see in the login "Switch_Name:AD:>" instead of user name it says AD normally it should be "Switch_Name:UserName:>"  for example   "Switch_Name:admin:>" also when executing help command I get this, not matter which user I use to to run help command 

help
Error in rbac help. rc = -7
No commands are available to this user.

and last when I run a normal command line switchshow or others I get this

"RBAC permission denied"

GUI won't load it shows this 

http://screencast.com/t/YwdgfRGYA

Cannot load RBACMatrix from switch: Cannot get RBAC Matrix from DAO

no idea whats going on here

any idea guys?

thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: Brocade 20-port 8Gb SAN [: =: unary operator expected

It looks like the config contains some Admin Domains (AD) definitions. I didn't have many experience with this so I can't tell you exactly what to do, but I just hope you also have root user access to the switch, and this will help you to clean the AD stuff from the config.
Contributor

Re: Brocade 20-port 8Gb SAN [: =: unary operator expected

thanks a lot

well there was telnet connectivity so looks like the issue was GUI and ssh... I was in a let's say no privileged shs mode on the other hand telnet was working OK

took me some time to know telnet worked as well for this switch :womanlol:

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook