Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Best practice for attaching another SAN switch

Hello All,

We have two  Brocade 5100 — 40 Port 8-Gbit/sec. we are left with only 3 ports in each switch. we have 4 brocade 300 with us( all the ports are enabled).

could any one suggest how we can utilize the 300 along with 5100?Will the hosts attaching to 300 will have any performance issues?

what will be best practice?

Thanks ...

Super Contributor

Re: Best practice for attaching another SAN switch

Greetings raju.thulaseedharan.  Upon seeing your post, I uploaded the Brocade SAN Design Best Practice Guide so you may use it as a high-level reference for these types of scenarios.  You can find it here:

Regarding your question about using the 300 along with the 5100, the 300 is a solid 8 Gb switch and you should not experience any performance issues.  But if you do see anything of concern, please feel free to raise it at that time. 

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Contributor

Thanks... Any idea about the cost to enable the trunking license in  5300 and 300 switches

Super Contributor

Hmmm... all I can really do is give you a rough idea what it will cost.  Keep in mind its like asking a car manufacturer how much a particular model costs even though no one sells it at that price.  That said, i looked up the trunking licenses and for both MSRP is about $6k.  For street price, you'd need to speak to your local reseller or OEM.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Contributor

Thanks...

Super Contributor

You are most welcome...

Regards,

Mike Eversole

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook