Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

BNA questions

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a new BNA instance. There are no swithces connected at this time. BNA version 12.0 was installed on redhat and I am using an xclient on my laptop to connect to it. When I login to the application, it gives this message.

Unable to pick the correct client IP address for client-server communication. Hostname will be used to communicate with the client, do you want to continue  "

I click yes and then it authenticates and gives the message saying loading data but that's where it just sits there. I left it there for over 40 minutes but it doesn't move forward so I had to kill it. I am not sure what it's doing there.  First experience with BNA, not sure what to expect here. Any help is appreciated.  One thing I do what to mention  is that the server is using a temp IP address but the hostname in DNS is registered with a different IP address. Not sure if that can be part of the problem.

Thanks

Moeen

Contributor

Re: BNA questions

Moeen

I would definitely suggest to correct the DNS / IP address setup. Based on your post it seems the BNA client is loaded on your laptop already. I would validate your versions of java on the server and client are correct for BNA version 12.

Contributor

Thanks. Here is the setup. The linux server has two interfaces. One is on the mgmt lan where Iogin from. The other is on a private vlan which is 192.168.x.x and that's where the switches are. I reinstalled BNA and this time used the 192.168.x.x address for the server. I now login to the BNA server using the mgmt network via vpn. I start xclient and run dcmclient, put my login/passwd, click ok for banner and then sit and wait while it load data and that doesn't go away. I am not sure what is going on there.

Regards

Moeen

Contributor

Moeen

Have you checked your Java instances on the server and client to make sure they meet the BNA min requirement? Have you been able to progress any further?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook