Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

BNA 14.0.1 Create Alerts for Switch Port utilization for individual hots and option to email.

Hi Folks,

I have DCX switches and BNA (14.0.1) is configured and i can pull the Real time and historical utilization (RX/TX) and RX and TX MBps per port.If i want to automate through BNA which send me email on daily basis for specific host that will be helpful.

Helpful if you can share your views.

Brocade Moderator

Re: BNA 14.0.1 Create Alerts for Switch Port utilization for individual hots and option to email.

You can setup threshold per below - if you fos level >= 7.2 (linking 12.4 documentation, but 14.x will be similiar)

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/user-guide/networkadvisor-1242-san-manual/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Ch_Performance.31.08.html

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Re: BNA 14.0.1 Create Alerts for Switch Port utilization for individual hots and option to email.

Hi Martin,

Sorry to get back late on this.I cheked this option and initially set this policy but setting are applied to switch rather than on that particular host.

I want to set these alerts on the particular host.Please see the attachment for deatils.Below are the licenses enabled on switch.

Extended Fabric license
Fabric Watch (Fabric Vision capable) license
Performance Monitor (Fabric Vision capable) license
Trunking license
Adaptive Networking - obsolete license
Enhanced Group Management license
Server Application Optimization - obsolete license

Thanks much and awaiting for your reply.

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

you cannot select the host directly - you would have to select the corresponding F-port(s). Be aware this only works for FOS < 7.4 and with Fabric Watch (FW) - in fact this uses Fabric Watch to define threshold.  And notificaton build in BNA.

If you are on MAPS, then you should define a custom rule which generate an generate, for which you then trigger a notification in BNA (rule name), or via mail on switches in  questions.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocade Moderator

Another option might be san performance report (again from 12.4.x manual - check the PDF from 14.x for full details, please)

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/user-guide/networkadvisor-1242-san-manual/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Ch_Reports.38.09.html

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook