Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

BNA 12.3.4 Professional Version problem with dashboard widgets - "there are no values to display" or "this feature requires the purchase of Netowrk advisor"

Hello

So I am running a new 12.3.4 64 Bit on W2k8r2 for a small daul fabric of 2 core brocade 300. One fabric has an ISL in full fabric mode to a Brocade IBM Bladecnter 4 Gb/sec FCSM. All swithces shows up fine

All switches have the enterprise license.

Tthe dashboard widgets such as

1) Top Proudct CPU/Memory Utilization

2) Top Initiator/Target Port Util

all show "there are no values to display?

Alos from Monitor->Performance-> top Talker I get an error "this feature requires the purchase of Netowrk advisor".

I am using Professioanl to monitor exaclty 2 fabrics with a total port count of 64.

Here are the licneses on the 2 IBM braned 300 model 24 port switches.

licenseshow
SRSdQcSQbyTSTeRu:
    Fabric license
9dSbRdbQzAuTcSU:
    First Ports on Demand license - additional 8 port upgrade license
9dSbRdbQzAuXcSY:
    Full Ports on Demand license - additional 16 port upgrade license
9dSbRdbQzCeTcSG:
    Fabric Watch license
TBHRZAWrmD3BSEEWEPAQBSFTQKfNGNJrB7QCB:
    Enhanced Group Management license
B974t7FBLtfBaXLRaA7rDBEFNLGPLtGJBA3SK:
    8 Gig FC license
mZPWHZNLKPrLaJEA7QAB9TXLYmtmDG3tBA34J:
    Adaptive Networking - obsolete license

any hewlp?

Valued Contributor

Re: BNA 12.3.4 Professional Version problem with dashboard widgets - "there are no values to display" or "this feature requires the purchase of Netowrk advisor"

Hi,

Features such as Toptalkers require license "professional PLUS" or "Enterprise" to get enabled. with "professional" many features, specially performance-wise, are not available.

Rgds,

Felipon

New Contributor

Re: BNA 12.3.4 Professional Version problem with dashboard widgets - "there are no values to display" or "this feature requires the purchase of Netowrk advisor"

Thanks Felipon

However in data sheets given to me by Brocade Ses the features differences are not shown what is shown are fabrics and port limitations.

Asked my Se contacts for data sheet list of features not included with Professional.

Thanks

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook