Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

B7800 Fabos Version 7.1.0c with SNMP

Hi,

I'm newbie with SNMP setting,
Can someone give me answer?
I want to know B7800 Fabos Version 7.1.0c which version of SNMP that supported on this model and OS?

Brocade Moderator

Re: B7800 Fabos Version 7.1.0c with SNMP

Hello,

you can use SNMPv1 and SNMPv3.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

Hi,

How about v2 we can't use on this model and this OS?
Contributor

IMHO it is called snmpv1, for example in the config command, but it does support at least large parts of v2c.

test@host:~$ snmpbulkwalk xx.yy.zz.aa -c public -v 2c SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0
SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SW-MIB::sw.62

Not tested with your exact hardware and FOS versions though. 

Brocade Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hello,

The embedded CLI command (snmpconfig) for setting up FOS for sending traps/inform just supports as said SNMPv1 and SNMPv3.

But maybe I got you wrong and you just want to run an snmpwalk on the switch, if so you have to download the appropriate MIBs for your FOS code from mybrocade. Following a short output from our MIB Reference Guide:

"Before loading Brocade MIB files, ensure that you have the correct version of SNMP for your Fabric OS version. All versions of Fabric OS support SNMPv1 and SNMPv3. All versions of Fabric OS other than Fabric OS v6.1.2_CEE support SNMPv2c, but do not support trap/inform."

Hope that helps.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.