Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Archion SAN with 2x 200E fiber switches...

Thanks for taking the time to read.  Here's the situation:

I have a 4 seat Archion SAN and we are moving two of the eduit suites to another building.  I have two Brocade 200E switches and need some help.  I have one switch that is open and the computers and SAN are talking nicely to each other.  I need to connect the two Brocade 200E switches to each other, however it doesn't seem like they are talking or transmitting data.

Can I connect the two switches as open, or is there a license that I need?  If so, what licenses do I need to do that.  Both switches have 8 seat licenses.

I am really new and unsure about what I need, as I was thrown into this project without being able to get much time to research.  Any and all help you can provide would be wonderful.  This is a closed network and isn't going to be on our company wide internet/intranet, so I don't know if that helps or hurts the situation, but I could put it on our intranet/internet if that would help!

Kind Regards,

Jon Ackerman

Environmental Engineer

TheMET Church

Houston, TX

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Archion SAN with 2x 200E fiber switches...

Can you supply (for now) the output of following commands of both switches

- switchshow

- licenseshow

- fabricshow

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook