Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Visitor

Alias to Zone Check

I have a Brocade 384 switch/director in which I have been making some big alias and zone changes on.  Not sure how many but lots of alias and I am concerned in my re-config that I have may have some aliases that are not assigned to a zone. Is there any CLI commands to check for an alias that is not assigned to a zone?

Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Re: Alias to Zone Check

Hi,

an example of two commands that you may find useful are:

cfgshow | grep <alias>     <--- It will show if the alias appears in any of the zones in the zoneset.

zoneshow  | grep -e zone: -e <alias>   <-- it will show all the zones, and which of them contains that alias as a member.

Rgds

Regular Contributor

Hi,

you can use nszonemember -u.

This will show you all online devices which are not zoned.

Other way is to use SAN Health.

Regards

Ralf

Kind Regards
Ralf
N/A

I know it is a old post but anyway i have worked on a similary problem.

If you have all the zoning an aliases at seperate lines this is a UNIX shell (you need sshkeys - look at sshutil command):

# Create a zone list file change the name of the switch

for i in $(ssh -l admin SWITCHNAMEorIP "zoneshow" | grep zone | sort -u | awk '{print $2}')

do

ssh -l admin $IPTEST "zoneshow  $i" | sed -e ':a' -e 'N' -e '$!ba' -e 's/\n/ /g'

done > ../conf/zonefile_temp

Now you need to pass all the aliases thought a nodefind to make sure that the adapther isn't in use:

IPTEST="SWITCHNAMEorIP"

for ALIAS in $(ssh -l admin $IPTEST "alishow" | grep ali | awk '{print $2}' | sort -u)
do
        for i in $(ssh -l admin $IPTEST "alishow $ALIAS" | sed -e ':a' -e 'N' -e '$!ba' -e 's/\n/ /g')
        do
                for j in $(echo $i | grep -e 10: -e 50: | sed 's/;//g')
                do
                        OUTPUT=$(ssh -l admin $IPTEST "nodefind $j" | awk '{print $1}' | head -1)
                        if
                        then
                                printf "$SWNAME $CFGNAME $ALIAS $j No device found\n"
                                grep $ALIAS ../conf/zonefile_temp
                        else
                                printf "$SWNAME $CFGNAME $ALIAS $j Is in use\n"
                        fi

done
        done
done

This script is dirty but it works :-). If you wwn's is starting with something different than 10 og 50 make changes to the script line: for j in $(echo $i | grep -e 10: -e 50: | sed 's/;//g')

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook