Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

After upgrading to 7.4.1d cannot push password policy

We are in the process of upgrading our fabrics to all be 7.4.1d.  I'm going through and changing all our passwords for our local users and came across an interesting issue.  Wondering if anyone else has seen this and how to fix it (other than logging into each switch to update passwords).

broc6510> distribute -p PWD -d "*"
Error:The switch with domain ID 182 has firmware version <= 8.0.0 and doesn't support receiving PWD data from switch with firmware version >= 8.0.1.
Please remove this switch from distribution list and retry
broc6510> firmwareshow
Appl     Primary/Secondary Versions
------------------------------------------
FOS      v7.4.1d
         v7.4.1d

All the switches are at the same code level.  This example is from 6510 to 5470 (blade switch).  I also tried this from DCX8510 to DCX8510 with no luck.  I tried using the individual domain ID.

I appreciate any assistance. 

Thanks!

Annette

Contributor

Re: After upgrading to 7.4.1d cannot push password policy

Hi!

Please, show us fabricshow output.

When the user database is distributed, it may be rejected by a switch for one of the following reasons:

• One of the target switches does not support local account database distribution.

• One of the target switch’s user databases is protected.

• One of the remote switches has logical switches defined.

• Either the local switch or one of the remote switches has user accounts associated with user-defined roles.

Contributor

I can confirm it with v7.4.1d to v7.4.1d

seems to be a bug in the code. 

Brocade Moderator

Hello,

This issue is under investigation. Informations will be provided during the next weeks.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

I'm curious as to what I should look at in the fabricshow.  It shows all 8 of the switches, but nothing other than the identity from what I can see.  I try not to post my IP addresses by request of our security team...

I've never had an issue with distribute before on all my fabrics, so I would agree with the other replies that it seems to be a bug, especially since someone else could replicate it.  I appreciate the list of things to look at for rejected distribution (good to note for the future), but the error message given indicates the switch doesn't know its own code level.

I guess I wait for Brocade to patch it...

Occasional Contributor

can you check this CMD o/p  is the PWD policy is accept or reject 

fddcfg --showall

Regards

Sushanth

Brocade Moderator

Hello,

The defect open for this issue (619351) has been fixed into the latest 7.4.1e FOS release GAd on October 20th 2016.

Attached is the release note mentioning the concerned defect.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.