Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Adding a switch in a fabric

Hi,

I know this topic has probably been asked a few times but I'm still not having any much luck after reading the threads so here it goes...

I'm trying to add a Part Num: SLKWRM0000HP2 to the fabric. This switch is inside a Blade Chassis. I've got a cable plugged in on one of the ports to a Brocade 300.

A few days ago I tried to add the first switch using the following steps:

on the switch to be added:

1. portdisable (port number)

2. cfgclear

3. cfgsave

4. portenable

I got a , 5631, FID 128, WARNING, SANSW_1, port 19, Zone Conflict error. I checked the config parameters and both are the same. Domain id is different.

What else could be causing this?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Adding a switch in a fabric

Hi,

if you have FOS-Version lower then V7, you have to define the default zone to allaccess.

Do the the following on the new switch:

1. portdisable (port number)

2. cfgclear

3. cfgsave

4. defzone --allaccess

5. portenable (port number)

If you have FOS V7, the settings of the default zone must match to the settings of the fabric.

Regards

Ralf

Kind Regards
Ralf
Highlighted
New Contributor

The switch to be added is running FOS 6. In your reply, did you mean i need to run defzone --allaccess on this switch? I did run a defzone --show and its set to 'noaccess'.

Once the switch gets added, do i need to run 'defzone --noaccess' again?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Hi,

I think your fabric has FOS V6 too, or?

If so, on the new switch run defzone --allaccess as i wrote in the previous post. Do nothing in your fabric.

After the switch merges into the fabric you have to do nothing. The switch will automatically gets zoning DB and the defzone configuration from the fabric.

After fabric merge you can run defzone --show to verify.

Regards

Ralf

Kind Regards
Ralf

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook