Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Add switch Brocade 200E

Hi all, i would like to add my 2 Brocade 200e switches to my account to download both firmware and software and can do some tests, but I do not see them anymore in the list of available products, start from Brocade 300, how can i do it?

Thanks.

Brocade Moderator

Re: Add switch Brocade 200E

Hi papali,

200E switch are End of Support as of February 2014, that is the reason you cannot add them. Last supported release is FOS 6.2.2g.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

I understand, but there is a way to get the firmware? My switch currently has the 5.3.0a.
I'm also trying to install ezswitchsetup 6.0.0_ga (to understand what he does) but it requires at least one FOS 6 so I cannot do anything.

Thanks.

Brocade Moderator

So, you need 6.0, 6.1, and 6.2 software FOS level software.  This is not the first request I have seen for FOS version which have been removed from MyBrocade. 

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

It means there is nothing to do, without a valid service contract I cannot have the firmware?

External Moderator

@papali

--->>>I'm also trying to install ezswitchsetup.....

you can made all settings trough a CLI and manage the switch as well from a web-tools, ezswitchsetup is no mandatory.

-->>It means there is nothing to do, without a valid service contract I cannot have the firmware?

All FOS Release lower/incl. v6.1.x are not longer available for Download.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Grazie Antonio! I learned some new things.

External Moderator

Prego!

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.